taichi 24 posture names
In spite of the fact that the Beijing taichi 24 form is both modern and a standard competition form, you will find variations in both the names of the postures and the way some of the moves are grouped together.
You may even find that the form is split into beginner and advanced - as far as I know this is linked to tai chi belts and grading.
qigong healing and hypnosis
combine qigong and hypnosis to master techniques
Shaolin qigong course
Improve with just 15 minutes a day. Build experience week by week .
Free qigong course
Discover Master qigong and tai chi with this powerful course. Sign up for free sample lessons...
These are the names of the Beijing 24 postures - as we originally learned them.
- Parting the Wild Horse's Mane (3 times)
- White Crane Spreads its Wings
- Brush Knee and Side Step (3 times)
- Play the Lute
- Step Back and Repulse Monkey (4 times)
- Grasp the Sparrow's Tail - left
- Grasp the Sparrow's Tail - right
- Single Whip
- Wave Hands Like Clouds (3 times)
- Single Whip
- High Pat on Horse
- Kick With Right Heel
- Strike Ears With Fists
- Kick With Left Heel
- Snake Creeps Down (left) and Golden Cockerel Stands on left leg
- Snake Creeps Down (right) and Golden Cockerel on right leg
- Fair Lady Weaves the Shuttle (right and left)
- Needle at the Bottom of the Sea
- Fan through Back
- Deflect Downwards, Parry and Punch
- Apparent Close Up
- Cross Hands
- Closing Form