Tai Chi Questions - we had them every time we started a conversation. It all started when we saw classes advertised at the local high school ......
We'd seen pictures of people waving their arms in parks and we guessed that it was Tai Chi. But what exactly were they doing? And what exactly was it doing to them? We hadn't a clue.
And like you we were keen to know more.
Finding answers was another thing entirely.
When we went looking for Tai Chi information there was lots of it about. We found 'tai chi', 'tie chi', 'tie chee', 'tai chee', 'taiji', 'taiji chuan', 'tai chi chuan', 'chi kung', 'qi gong' and even 'gi gong' and lots of other variations!.
We looked at hundreds of Tai Chi sites and found lots of information, some contradictory, some we couldn't understand and some that seemed to make good sense.
So now, you don't have to to go through the same hassle. We hope the answers here are of some help - and that they make sense to you.
If you've got Tai Chi questions we haven't covered or if you want more details email us at
Tai Chi questions
and we'll get back to you.
If you've got a better answer than ours please share it with us so that everyone can benefit - thank you!
We've tried to group the same kind of questions together into Tai Chi chunks - to make it easier for you.
Tai Chi Questions Index
What about all the different Tai Chi names
- What is Tai Chi?
- What is Qi Gong / Chi Kung?
- What’s the difference between Tai Chi and Qi Gong?
- What is Tai Chi Chuan?
- What's the difference between Tai Chi and Tai Chi Chuan?
- What about all these other types of Tai Chi?
I've got concerns about my ability -
will Tai Chi and Qi Gong work for me?
- Am I too old / too young / the wrong age to do Tai Chi
- I haven't exercised in years / I'm really stiff / I've got Arthritis can I do Tai Chi?
- I have problems standing. Can I still do Tai Chi?
- I'm really stressed out. Can Tai Chi help me?
- I can't dance or learn patterns
- I don't have a lot of time to do exercises
- I can't get to a gym
- Will Tai Chi suit me?
- I’m not into this spiritual stuff
About the Tai Chi and Qi Gong Exercises
- Are the Tai Chi and Qi Gong exercises easy to do?
- How much effort is involved in Tai Chi?
- How long will it take me to learn Tai Chi?
- How often do I need to practise my Tai Chi?
- What happens when I’ve learned the Tai Chi form or Qi Gong pattern?
- Can doing Tai Chi cause injuries?
- What is the best time of day to practice?
How do Tai Chi and Qi Gong Exercises work?
- How does slow and easy Tai Chi and Qi Gong have any effect?
- What are the benefits of practising Tai Chi?
Getting Started with Tai Chi and Qi Gong
- What equipment do I need to practice Tai Chi?
- How can I get started?
- There are no Tai Chi teachers near me - now what?
- Could a video or book on Tai Chi help?
- What Tai Chi videos and books do you recommend
Tell me about Tai Chi and Qi Gong classes
- Can I find a good Tai Chi school on the internet?
- Can I learn Tai Chi or Qi Gong on line?
- How can I find Tai Chi classes near to my home?
- If I don't want to learn to fight should I still join a Tai Chi martial art class?
- What can I do before I decide which Tai Chi School to attend?
- What Tai Chi style should I choose?
- What is a typical Tai Chi class like?
- Do beginners and advanced students attend the same class?
- What do I call the teacher?
return to Tai Chi Questions index
Enjoy your Tai Chi and remember that you can always email us at
Tai Chi questions
if you have more Tai Chi Questions!
In the meanwhile enjoy your Tai Chi or tai chi chuan, or Qi gong!